Passivation is required to restore or enhance the chromium oxide film on the stainless steel surface when it has been manipulated by surface finishing, welding, grinding, external contamination, etc. As preventive maintenance, passivation will help avoid the following scenarios:
- Lost production time in manufacturing areas
- Scheduling issues in production
- Costs associated with lack of maintenance
Rouging is a condition where ferrous or iron oxide layers are embedded in the surface of the stainless steel with different red tones. Derouging is the chemical process in which that red layer is removed from the system.
- Enhancing stainless steel condition
- Preparing stainless steel for proper passivation
- Optimization of surface cleanliness